Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 44: Celebrity Spotting

I have to tell you, I'm becoming very conflicted with this whole celebrity photograph thing. I'm a journalist...I've interviewed everyone from Gerald Ford to Jenna Jameson and have never thought twice about the fact that they are "famous" or whatever...its just part of the job...and so far, that has continued during my work in the NYC Metro office.


On the days off, though, all that apparently goes out the window and I've become an amateur paparazzi, camera in hand, stalking celebs like its a wild animal hunt in Zambia or something...


I keep telling myself, "ah, its just to make the blog more entertaining...everybody likes pictures.." yeah....thats the ticket...


OK, well, time to get over it, and go on about who we've seen...not a ton has gone on since the last posting in terms of work for either Jen or I...though Jen's been caught up in the OJ thing, which I still can't believe he's going to trial for...lucky for him this country seems to have an affinity for not allowing him to be punished for ANY crime, so he'll get off...and can get back to his real job of finding the "real killers," who he apparently thinks play a ton of golf....maybe they're hiding in the sandtrap on the 15th at Riviera...but I digress...


Jen's sister Rebecca and her boyfriend Gabe were out last weekend...that Friday night we went to a comedy club called Comix down in the Village because we had bought tickets to see the Sklar Brothers (the ones who do the "Chopper 4" routine in an earlier blog post). Anyways, they were hilarious, very funny, and an overall good time. Jen and I took pictures with them before the show and chatted with them for a bit.


Now here's where it gets wierd...Saturday night the four of us are on the subway riding down to 42nd Street because Bec wants to take Jen out to dinner as an early Birthday gift, so we're heading down to one of Bobby Flay's other restaurants, and the subway stops at 59th Street, and a bunch of people get on, and I've got my head down but I can see that there are a few people standing in front of where we are sitting because its crowded, and all of a sudden I hear Bec say "Hey, we saw you guys last night!" and I look up....and its the Sklar Brothers! Riding the same train, in the same car with us, and standing right in front of us...what are the odds of that happening? A million to one? A billion to one? So we talk some more, and they actually try out part of a new bit on us because they're trying to re-work some stuff in their act, and it was just too funny that we actually bumped into them again.


The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun, minus me having to work for 6 hours or so on Sunday as an extra shift (boo!), but Jen and Bec got to spend some quality time together which was great.



The Desjardin-Weisses left Monday morning...Tuesday and Wednesdays are my day off, so I went down towards Jen's work with her Tuesday and hung out by Regis and Kelly to see who was on the show. Emeril Lagasse came walking out, but I didn't have the camera ready (dammit...what kind of paparazzi am I?) so no picture of him, but here's a snap of the other guest that day, Jessica Alba...who could have jumped into the SUV they pulled up for her, but instead patiently signed a few autographs and chatted with people before she had to go


Wednesday was more of the same....though there was a bigger crowd because Alicia Keys was preforming and I guess she tries to shun the photographers most of the time. The problem with that was there were several people, including a few young girls, who just wanted an autograph from her...but she was never seen...they backed up a car for her, closed the gate, and when it reopened, she sped away without saying anything to anyone...


So to recap...Jessica Alba, sweetheart...Alicia Keys, diva bitch...


I'm not fond of taking pictures of what APPEARS to be Alicia Keys in a car, but you can't really tell, so no picture there....but while waiting to see if I could catch a glimpse of Kelly Ripa after the show, one of the regular paps pointed out that John Bon Jovi had just walked out of the building kitty-corner to where we were...I guess he and a few other celebs actually live there...so I snappeed a shot of him as he was crossing the street with his kid, but I don't think he was very happy about it...shook his head and sneered at me as he walked by...oops...



Thats it for this week...Dave Knight rolls into town today and we're going to do a bunch of touristy things over the next four days...


But finally, if you're a celebrity out there and you're reading this blog, (and frankly, which celebrity isn't reading this blog for posts about the "windshield factor") trust me when i say that any picture taken of you by the pasty white guy with glasses is just going up on his blog, and won't be sold to US Weekly...


....unless I can get some real money off it.....
Mike (well, how about that, its a Mike post!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sad it wasn't me who saw Jon Bon Jovi....sigh.