Sunday, October 21, 2007

$6.66

$6.66 - that was my total at Starbucks on Friday for a Venti Vanilla Latte and an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. I thought great.. my day is cursed and it's only 9:45am. That wasn't the case though. My Friday was pretty good. It was the four days prior that sucked! Life is hard here, or maybe it's just that my life is hard here. Do you remember that feeling you had when you were a Freshman in High School and everyone seemed so much older, smarter and wiser then you? You tried so hard to fit in and understand how things worked and you kept messing up and feeling like an ass? Well, that's kind of how I've felt all month.

It's hard to go from being at the top of your game to being the little fish in the sea. Having said that, every day is getting better. Everyday I feel like I'm learning more and screwing up less. And I only accidentally called David Westin once this week. Yes, I called him again. I really think that if I call him a 3rd time, I might be coming back to Sacramento sooner then expected. I've been paying more attention to the numbers I'm dialing and I'm actually watching the key pad as I am pressing them!

If I do accidentally call him a third time I have to think of something better to say then, "I'm so sorry, I don't know how I managed to call you again." Please leave suggestions in my comments.

So, since the subject line of this blog is a price... I feel then need to tell you all how frickin' expensive everything is here.

NY Times weekday: $1.25 Sunday edition: $4 (seriously!)
-We're expected to read it everyday- looked down upon if we don't, but we have to pay for it ourselves!

Vanilla Lattes $4.70 (and none are as good as Peets!)

Mojito: $9.00

Risotto at the cafe next to my work: $24 (and it was too watery)



For a better comparison of prices check out my coworker Dawn's blog. She's my first friend here and has a blog too. She just moved here from Cleveland to do what I'm doing at ABC.

http://madtowntomanhattan.blogspot.com/

Read towards the bottom of her first entry and she breaks down the price of everything in NYC.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Will they still respect you if you read the NYT on the internet? I read it every day and it doesn't cost me a dime. Tell them you have enviromental objections to purchaing a hard copy of the newspaper everyday.

Anonymous said...

If you DO happen to ring up David
Westin for the 3rd time, invite him
to dinner...serve fish. Little
fish in big oceans have room to grow.

dea said...

Jen - You are a hoot. I totally "get" everything you're saying - and you're saying it so well. Hang in there -don't let them scare you...don't forget, at some point, all those seasoned people were new to ABC News.
Ohh, the New York Times - like a nice cup of coffee. We still get home delivery - something I can't give up. It was hard "having" to read the Bee. Have a ball - soak it up...just dig in Jen.