Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Year Ago Today (A Jen Post)

One year ago today I moved to NYC… I flew out here scared, intimidated and by myself. I had to start my new job and find an apartment. Wow how time flies…. I never thought I'd know my way around, learn how to do my job or even make friends. A couple weeks later I found a place to live and Mike and Cooper moved out and slowly but surely we've learned the lay of the land and had an amazing time doing it.


Anyhow, just felt like reflecting- Wow- 1 year! I wonder how many more years we'll have in this Crazy City?


On another note,


Guess who decided to make a last minute visit to NYC???


My Parents!


They called on Sunday asked what we were doing next weekend then booked their tickets. They fly in tomorrow- Wednesday!


We are sooooooooooo excited!


Here's how they plan on spending their time here


Wednesday


Arrive at 7:30pm- We'll have dinner up in our neighborhood- probably order in- My dad loves the Chinese food place n our street.


Thursday
Mike and I have to work and Mom & Dad will take a double-decker bus tour of the city http://www.coachusa.com/newyorksightseeing/


Cooper guards the house

Friday

Mike and I have to work and Mom & Dad will tour the Natural History Museum and re-visit spots from their tour on Thursday that they would have liked to spend more time at.


Cooper guards the house


For Dinner we're going to the best BBQ in the city - Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem- It's awesome http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/


Saturday



We'll have breakfast somewhere fun on the Upper Westside


Then we'll head to Brooklyn! We'll walk across the Brooklyn Bridge -its a really fun activity- It will be the 3rd time I've done it.


We'll have NY's Best Pizza - Grimaldi's - It's awesome http://www.grimaldis.com/


Then we'll have a cab take us to the hospital my dad was born at and the apartment he lived in when he was just a baby before his fam moved out west.


Cooper guards the house



Then we'll had back to my hood- because I'm sure we'll be exhausted.


Sunday


We're renting a car and heading to the Hampton's for the day


Cooper gets to come play!



Monday


They Fly home with wonderful memories of their spontaneous trip to NYC

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those paying attention, I'll be the one deciding how long we stay here. Its my turn to make a BIG decision since my wife decided to uproot our whole lives last year.

So for those wondering how long we'll be here...bet the over..and the over is 7...

Mike W.

The Tomaszewski's said...

Mike I am glad you are making this decision!!:) I say come back to CA or the west coast ASAP!! Our little peanut needs to know their uncle mike and aunt jen!

Anonymous said...

Dinosaur BBQ! That is finger-licking good!

Unknown said...

Awesome Can't wait til it's my turn. Try to take them to lunch at that yummy place we found...Good Enough To Eat. Those stuffed pancakes sounded amazing!

Anonymous said...

Illinois Cousins are jealous...
Give M'Lee and Paul our love..
we know they are having an
awesome visit!

Anonymous said...

Illinois Cousins are jealous...
give our love to M'Lee & Paul..
have an awesome time!
Bill & Bette

Anonymous said...

Dinosaur......yum