Monday, September 29, 2008

J-E-T-S Brett! Brett! Brett!


I couldn't do it...I just couldn't do it...

When we lasted visited me talking about Brett Favre, I spewed so much hate and vitriol towards good ol' number 4, I probably fast-tracked my ticket to hell...





But I was bitter, I was lashing out....and I knew that when push came to shove, I would fold like a cheap suit...

So when Sunday rolled around and Jen and I were getting ready to go to the Jets-Cardinals game at the Meadowlands, Jen suggested that I wear my Favre Packers jersey.




I had planned to boo the crap out of Brett, but as soon as I pulled the jersey on, we all knew that wasn't going to happen...

So we went to the game, and while we were waiting to get in, the NFL Network pulled Jen and I aside and told us they were filming people talking about the most exciting NFL moment they'd ever seen.

Well I signed up immediately. Because I knew the story I was going to tell. The one about how I was on the sidelines when the 49ers stole...yep, STOLE a game from the Packers...1999...playoffs...at the Stick...late in the game, Pack is up, and Jerry Rice fumbles the ball...yep, FUMBLES THE BALL...only the refs don't call it, the Niners keep the ball, and Steve Young hits a young Terrell Owens in the end zone to win the game for SF...

Tough moment for me, but still a great NFL moment. Anyways, they videotaped me telling the story...they're going to pick like the top 50 and put them up on NFL.com...if it goes up, I'll let everyone know...









So we got inside and got to our seats (right on the 40 yard line...perfect) and then watched the Air Show take off....I was immediately rooting for the Jets, and made a few friends in the section who thought it was cool that I'd be rooting for number 4 even those he isn't playing for the Pack...



Most know by now...Favre threw for 6....SIX touchdowns....and no one was cheering louder than I was...



So I'm a hypocrite...I admit it....but I'm rooting for Number 4 this year...even though he's not on my team anymore....

So...better get used to hearing this.....
J---E---T---S---Brett! Brett! BRETT!!!!

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let it be said that I predicted this!!!! Here's my comment from last month.

"P.S. You're not booing Favre. You can't bring yourself to do it."

August 13, 2008 5:05 AM