Saturday, August 9, 2008

$%#@^& YOU, NUMBER 4!!!!

Throughout this whole Brett Favre nightmare this summer (and believe me, if you're a Packer fan, it's been a nightmare), people kept asking me if I could see Brett playing for another team...




I told them "No...there's no way...I know he wants to come back, but he's either going to have second thoughts, or the Pack will let him come back eventually and it'll be fine..."




Now fast forward a few weeks, and here's where we are:










Now....



Originally, I wasn't sure how I felt about this...in my mind, the Pack had moved on and they were right to. Hell, I'd moved on...I didn't write that damn piece on this blog earlier this year thinking "you know, he's probably coming back." I was sure that was it...



So when Jen and I hear he's been traded to the Jets, Jen immediately says "We should buy Jets tickets". So I get out of bed at 12:30 a.m. in the morning, log on, and immediately grab a couple of tickets to the Jets 2nd home game of the season versus Arizona (hard to imagine tickets were available, I know)



So we're going...and Jen wants to know if I plan to be cheering Brett or booing him?? And I told her at the time I didn't know...I still wasn't sure....





Well, I've come to a decision...and now not only do I plan to boo him mercilessly...I hope he suffers a season-ending injury while I'm there...



You blew this Brett...this is all your fault...after jerking the Pack around for three years each off-season about whether you were coming back, you finally decided to hang it up, did the whole 'teary press-conference' nonsense, and made it sound like that was it. We all moved on...only you couldn't...apparently you felt the need to jerk the Pack around AGAIN, and then get uppity when they said, "Uhhh Brett, we've decided to move on."




What the Packers SHOULD have done (and what I would have done if I was the GM, because I'm a vengeful a-hole) is told Brett, "sure, come back..but you won't be starting...and if you don't like it, that's fine, but we won't be trading you, and since we hold your rights for the next three years as part of your contract, you'll be staying right here...so deal with it."



Instead, the team gives in to the player (as always happens) and I get to turn on the news today to see idiot Jets fans screaming for Favre as he takes his first practice with the team.



So Brett....thanks for nothing. I thought you were different...I thought you would have the damn dignity of a Tony Gwynn or a Cal Ripken to know when its time to go, to stay with your team til the end of your career and then retire gracefully...



Instead all you've done is remind me that rooting for sports teams is basically rooting for laundry and that you shouldn't get caught up in the players because they always ALWAYS let you down in the end.



Thanks for the memories Brett...I hope your arm falls off "Dravecky-style."



Oh, and by the way...that wish of a season-ending injury? Not that far-fetched, because guess who's on the cover of "Madden" this year???






Dear God,

Please let the "Madden Curse" come true again this year.

Thanks,

Mike

Hope springs eternal....thanks again Brett, you $%@#!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

here, here! I totally concur...well put.

Katie said...

wow

Anonymous said...

Brett the Jet. I have many fond memories of going to Jets games (my uncle had season tickets)as a kid chanting, "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!" Watch out for those Jets fans, they are just a notch below Philly fans. When you go to the bathroom, they make you chant, "P-I-S-S, Piss, Piss, Piss!" By the way, Jets fans do a great tailgate.

P.S. You're not booing Favre. You can't bring yourself to do it.

Anonymous said...

Can you please read this on air? Truly genius Mike!

Candi