Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Is The Loneliest Number

Well, Mrs. Jen has headed off to Denver for the DNC, leaving young Cooper and I all by ourselves. You'd think we'd be thrilled to have a bachelor pad for 10 days, but truthfully, its been 12 hours, and I already miss my baby....


So expect some extra writing over the next few days as I look to fill the hours. I'm sure it'll all be Pulitzer-worthy...


In the meantime, enjoy this news story that I had the privilege to write today at work. As Mike Huthman said when I showed it to him, "The story is great, but the last sentence makes it super-great."


NJ - Ninjas Arrested


>>Clifton Cops Arrest Pair Of Modern-Day Ninjas


(Clifton, NJ) -- A pair of men who described themselves as modern day Ninjas looking to rid the region of evil instead were arrested by Clifton cops this week. Officers picked up 19-year-old Jesse Trojaniak and 20-year-old Tadieusz Tertkiewicz Tuesday after the pair were spotted dressed in full Ninja gear inside a parked car on Route 46. The duo told officers they were "Shinobi Warriors" and were on a quest to rid the area of drug users and drug dealers. They planned to deliver letters to their targets telling them to stop their "impure" ways. The men were armed to the teeth with knives in sheaths, throwing knives, Chinese throwing stars, nunchucks and other weapons. Both face weapons possession charges. Tertkiewicz has also been charged with harassment for delivering one of the letters to his 16-year-old ex-girlfriend.


###
Mike Watts NJ)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With Jen gone and Chris at the Repblican Convention maybe we should hang out. I see a trip to the Piper's Kilt in my future!!!!!