Sunday, May 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts as I continue this 3 week stretch of basically getting up at 12:30 a.m., going to work til 6pm, getting home at 7pm, going to bed at 830pm and then doing it all over again the next day....please pray for me...one more week to go...

- You know you're living in New York when you're wandering around Bloomingdale's and you run smack into Abe Vigoda...most people know him as Fish from Barney Miller and as Tessio from the Godfather movies...the younger of us know him from his Conan and roast appearances...well, he was with some woman who was dragging him around to look at dresses for something...and all I could do was stare...this is the kinda stuff that happens here...

- I don't know about you, but for me, nothing ruins a good Kentucky Derby like an execution moments after the race. Thank God we weren't at Katie's party for that one, Jen would have had to been taken out on a stretcher...

- Met Gordon Ramsey the other day. He was doing a book signing in Midtown and I went over after work to get him to sign for Jen and I. We are big fans of Hell's Kitchen...and I particularly enjoy his BBC shows...anyways, he was actually quite nice, though he did call me "big boy"...guess he could have called me "donkey", so I think I got off easy...

- Personally, I hope Eric or Cirie win "Survivor"...I can't stand any of the rest of them....

- Speaking of Reality TV shows, I caught the first couple of episodes of Temptation Island 2 on the Fox Reality Channel...it would be an understatement to say the show reaches a solid 97 on the Unintentional Comedy Scale...

- The more I live in New York, the more I come to hate Al Sharpton...

- Of all the things I'm looking forward to when we come back to California, the top of the list reads like this, "Lunch with Yams at Squeeze-Inn."

- Walking to the subway at 1am gives you a whole new perspective on who exactly hangs out in your neighborhood...I've seen just about everything over these last two weeks, from two guys openly swapping spit up against a store window, to a guy peeing in the corner, to two white-haired Puerto Rican grannies stumbling out of bar...good times!!

- When it gets right down to it, Baby Mama was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

- I'm in 6 fantasy baseball leagues this year, (which is driving Jen crazy), but the only one I TRULY care about is the Fox 40 league...and I'm currently in first place...keep your fingers crossed....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeeze Inn...good. Have some for me. I'm all about Tower Cafe for Brunch and fish tacos. Can't wait!

Teal Chic said...

Wow, Mike....you really know how to make somebody want to visit NY! lol

Anonymous said...

Your Illinois Cousins have been "uncomfortable" with Al Sharpton for years...and how old
must Abe Vigoda be? When we were
"young married folk" we were regular viewers of BARNEY MILLER
and "Fish" appeared to be in his
50's THEN. Love your "Random Thoughts"