Monday, April 21, 2008

I spilt my coffee on a stranger (A Jen post of course)

It's no secret. I'm fairly clumsy... usually this fault only causes problems for myself. Well, this morning it caused a problem for someone else.


The train came. I along with several others walked in and sat down. We're the first stop so everyone got a seat and sat rather spaced apart. Across from me was a grandma and 2 kids. The kids were clearly not from NY and this was their first subway ride. The woman siting one seat away from me on my side of the train looked like a nurse or a medical assistant. She was wearing scrubs.


I had my purse next to me and my travel coffee mug (filled w/ yummy Aged Sumatra Peets coffee). I was digging in my purse for my Ipod when I hear the little girl ask her Grandma if you are allowed to drink on the train. The Grandma said "Yes as long as your careful." I was thinking how nice it was to hear a kid with manners, asking if something is "ok." And that's when I did the not "ok."


My purse hit the coffee mug. My coffee mug fell to the side on the bench and the lid opened and the lady in the scrubs got sprayed w/ Aged Sumatra. She didn't get soaked... but she definitely got sprayed.


I felt awful.


She looked shocked and I kept saying "I'm so sorry."


I offered her my Tide stick. She didn't want it and she got off at the next exit/. Presumably to go back home and change.


I still feel bad.


To that random stranger on the A train - I truly am sorry!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's something. Lucky she was cool about it. People can get wicked and crazy yo!