Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow, Lots of Snow (by California Standards of course)

Last Friday it snowed. For like 6 hours straight. It wasn't evil, icy, pierce your skin hateful snow. It was happy, fluffy, fat snowflakey snow. Like in a Disney movie when snow falls and happy music plays kind of snow.


Anyhow, it snowed Thursday night into Friday morning and I got to walk into work in it. It was so fun!



Here's what it looked like that morning.



This is our building.




This is the route I take to the subway from our place. It's Cooper Street Made picking this apartment easy, I figured because the cross street was called Cooper it was fate!







My feet in the snow while walking to the subway on my way into work.





Self Portrait in the Snow.





On Sunday Mike and I took Cooper the Great to the park. It was like a picture perfect postcard. Everything was covered in snow and the sun was out. It was 40 degrees outside and lovely. 40 degrees is warm to me now... heck it's a heatwave!


Cooper in the snow - Sportin' his I love NY sweatshirt.




The park near our house- Inwood Hill Park It's at the top of the island of Manhattan.











Salt water marsh at the top of the park.





These are the baseball fields- Kids spent the day building snow people.



Families used the hillsides in the park for sledding- It looked super fun!

Cooper had a blast!!! He's decided that he loves the snow.





Afterwards- Cooper needed a bath. He thought it was a crummy end to a fabulous day. I thought it was great!! I love when he's a fluffy fur ball after he gets a bath.

2 comments:

Van Reeve said...

Hey beautiful!

saidy said...

Hi Jen & Mike!

i am a member of Inwoof (hunter & charley's momma), and found your blog via google search. what great snow pictures of the park!

inwoof is having a party on 3/29 at liffey II. more details will be posted on the inwoof yahoo group.

stay tuned!
zaida