Saturday, February 9, 2008

I Fought The Law....

...and the Law won.



When we rented a car to drive to Canada to visit my grandmother back in December, we ended up parking it overnight in front of our building the night we got home. The plan was for me to take it back to the rental place in Jersey the next morning.



When I awoke, I found that we had a ticket because we were too close to teh fire hydrant...the ticket specifically said "car four feet from hydrant."



Which was BS...we weren't anywhere near 4 feet from it. Stupidly, I didn't take any pictures, but drove the car back...took a bus home, and stewed over the ticket before finally deciding to fight it...



In NYC, you can fight such tickets online...so I drafted a pretty good plea and argument that would win me the decision from the judge...

Well, the verdict was mailed to us yesterday...

and the law Won...

Grand total? 115 bucks...

Reason #7459 why I'll never have a car here....

Sigh....

Mike

No comments: