Sunday, December 16, 2007

A shave, snow, and a dog in boots.

It's been a nice, relaxing weekend. Which was good because I was recovering from a cold. It's been going around my work; the kind a cold where you sneeze and have to blow your nose so much that it hurts and gets all chapped and red- Yuck. The day after my birthday I had to call in sick and on Thursday and Friday I sucked down DayQuil and NyQuil to make it through. (Mike note: DayQuil and NyQuil are like the moonshine of medicine...Jen was only half-coherant on those days...which was hilarious at times)

Half way through the day on Saturday I begin to feel better.



Last weekend when my parents were here my dad got a shave from one of those professionals with a straight edge razor. Anyhow, I have always wanted Mike to get one too, but I think he's always been a little intimidated by the thought of someone holding a razor blade to his throat. (Mike note: "thats because I keep seeing those commercials for Sweeney Todd!")

Well, after seeing my dad get one, I think he realized he wouldn't die and was actually excited about getting one.


So we spent the day doing our holiday shopping and he had a 6:30pm appointment. I took pictures!


Before- Hairy Monster- right?


Good thing he didn't sneeze!





Anyhow, I didn't take an after picture, but it looked great and he really enjoyed it. (Mike note: its true, I did enjoy it...and she only nicked me a little...hardly could tell.)

Afterwards we wandered around to kill time before a movie, but we were in a Barnes and Noble store and they did an overhead announcement advising that they would be closing early due to the impending storm.

So, we figured we better scrap the movie and head home.

Sunday morning we woke up to find everything covered in white.


We put Cooper's snow boots on him (Thanks to his Grandma and Grandpa Weiss for Hanukkah) and took him out in his PJ's to go for his morning walk. It was beautiful.





2 comments:

suz said...

Cooper looks like he has totally adjusted to the cold weather in all of his gear. Happy belated birthday!! Happy holidays to the both of you. Now that you're in the big apple and you've crossed Rockettes off the list, what's the plan for new years 2008?

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog...keep it coming...we want more of your adventures!!!