Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Cold, but we have Friends


It was 27 degrees this morning when I was walking to work. It's cold, like crazy cold and it's only November. The farmers almanac said it would snow early and be a cold winter and those farmers were right. While you Californians basks in 70-80 degree weather, we are freezing.

It was so cold last night that when I was walking to the subway after work the inside of my nose burned.

Anyhow, fall was beautiful this year. All the leaves were beautiful! Now they are all gone, but last week they started putting beautiful white lights on every tree in the city it seems like. Its so pretty and magical. I don't think the excitement of seeing the white lights will ever get old.

Anyhow, this year I feel more prepared for the cold. I have all my hats, scarves, gloves, uggs, rain boots, snow boots and jackets. Well, I want to get one more wool coat like one that goes to my knees instead of my ankles for days when its over 25 degrees.

Anyhow, we've had a fun couple of weeks. The week before last we got to see 3 friends from California in one week!! Everyone seems to make it to NY eventually and we love seeing them when they get here.

My friend Allison from college was here while her husband was running in the NYC marathon. The 4 of us were able to grab dinner the night before the race.







And then Katie was in town for business.. The following Wed. we were able to have dinner with her.

And then Jen Sweeney came and stayed with us for a few days. We had a great time. One of the highlights was seeing American Buffalo on Broadway. It was starring Haley Joel Osment, Cedric the Entertainer, and John Leguizamo.

All in all it's been fun. We're not able to make it home for Thanksgiving this year. Mike has to work. I got the day off though. Right now our plan is to get up super early and head with our new folding chairs down to the Upper West Side and grab seats along the parade route. Then Mike will go into work and I will go home and make side dishes.

Our friends in the neighborhood, James and Laura, are having us over for Turkey dinner. The next morning we will get up early, pick up our rental car and head to Canada!!!

We're going to spend a couple of days with Mike's grandmother in Kingston, Ontario. It should be really cold there!!

No comments: