Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Ramblings

America made history last night....congratulations to those who took part..now go pay your back taxes...

In short, a quick ramblings regarding Election Day...

-- wait, the voting thing was Tuesday? Why didn't someone say anything?

-- I can't be the only one that hoped for Barack Obama to hit the stage for his victory speech and then yell, "Hey, where are the white women at??!!" I know Dave and Mike were hoping for that as well...

-- I missed this, but CNN apparently had a thing on their coverage where a woman was appearing on the set "via hologram." Like they literally beamed her image in there....this is the future...I'd like to be beamed "via hologram" into work next week, frankly...

-- So Obama wins, and Prop 8 in California passes...as does similar props in Arizona and Florida....so as Jen succinctly put it earlier today "America isn't racist...just homophobic."

-- Speaking of California, its now hitting me that I spent 22 years of my life in a state that is governed by an action movie hero and a city that now has a former NBA point guard as its mayor. Read that last sentence again.

-- Flipping around election coverage last night, watching Fox was laughable...they were absolutely the LAST ones to call ANY state that other networks were calling for Obama...in fact, when everyone else had called the Presidency for Barack, I think Fox still had him with 85 electoral votes...but no bias there...no sirree...

-- And I thought California was bad, but Minnesota now needs a recount to see if they voted a comedian into office for the U.S. Senate? Really? Wasn't this a Robin Williams movie last year....

-- No McCain victory means no Palin vice-presidency, which means no Tina Fey sketches for 4 more years, which makes me a sad panda...

-- The biggest outrage of Election Day? Jen not getting an "I Voted" sticker after she cast her ballot. I haven't seen her that sad since I was forced to tell her that "The Hills" is entirely fabricated...


Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We in ILLINOIS are SO PROUD
of our Pres. Elect AND that
he wisely chose Rahm Emanuel as
his Chief of Staff (born & bred
Illinoisan) - like you, we will miss the Tina Fey/Palin performances, but are not saddened
to be rid of Ms. Alaska -- or ARE
WE RID of her? Love the media coverage of the Republican paid
"Shopping Gate". And we, in this
household, have removed Fox from
our Dish network - well..perhaps
not removed...still tune in when
we're in the mood for a chuckle!