Thursday, March 13, 2008

Places To Go, People To See

So last weekend we went to Greenwich, CT for the day. Our friends from Sacramento Will & Jen Selva now live in Farmington, CT and Greenwich is the half way point between Farmington and Manhattan. Mike and I took the Metro North train from Grand Central Station up. It was a nice ride... comfortable leather seats... pretty scenery.... only about 45 minutes. Not bad.

Greenwich is a very cute town. Very upscale, old and cute. When I say old, I just don't mean the town- the people are old too. Old and Wealthy.

We had dinner at this really great place called the Thataway Cafe. Great Food, Good Prices. Now, here's where the old part comes in.. When we got there I went to the restroom. In the stalls there is a switch - looks like a light switch- with a sign above that says in case of emergency or you need assistance. Not only do they have a switch like that in the stalls, but there is a cord attached to it that goes all the way to the floor so from any position you may find yourself in you can reach it. All I could think of were those Life Alert commercials from the late 80's or early 90's- "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!!"

I was going to go back in with a camera and take a photo of it- but Mike was making fun of me and didn't think I should go into the bathroom with a camera.

All in all it was a great time. So nice to see familiar faces and enjoy the company of good friends.

This weekend Mike, Cooper, and I are heading to Boston for a 3 day weekend. We're renting a car on Friday and driving up early Saturday morning. It's supposed to be about a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive.

Saturday afternoon is my cousin Dorie's bridal shower just outside of Boston. Mike and Cooper will drop me off and then head into the city to find our hotel and check in. We're staying at the Westin Boston Waterfront. It's downtown and dog friendly. They actually have a special pet care package waiting to greet Cooper with once he arrives.

By the way- There's a Peet's Coffee in Boston! It's the closest one to NYC. I can't wait.

1 comment:

The Tomaszewski's said...

Have fun on your family adventure!!! We cant wait to see pics and hear all about Boston!! Drive safely and talk to you soon.